Thursday, October 13, 2011

Project 1

Expanding upon my ideas in the last exercise, I improved my 3D models for more clarity and context of my process from exercise 1-6. Throughout the process I have analyzed a sans-serif version of the letter "e" from the word "architecture" seen on the left of my board. The font consists of circles and straight lines and almost appears to be drafted; this is a clever way to design a font meant to spell out architecture. Also, the letter is organized through three strong guidelines located at the top, middle (crossbar), and bottom. This idea is shown in my model through the crossing beams that connect the two sets of linked "e"s in my model. The "e"s link together by connecting the tail at its specified angle. Then, by repeating these shapes, the model starts to appear to be made of hollow cylinders with a bar through the middle that link at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment