Thursday, November 10, 2011

Exercise 8

My intentions for the model of the picture of a New York City sunset were to model the space that was given to me, while taking a few liberties in assuming how the street was set. Then, by lofting an object, I gave the void space that is created by the buildings a shape to illustrate this void. The shape is transparent so that you can see the extent of the model. I wanted to give this shape a free-flowing form because the void space is not clearly defined and can be interpreted in many ways. I then gave the skyscraper on the left hierarchy by rendering it a different color.


In this model of the grating pattern/texture I took a similar approach as in the last model. This picture gave me a better opportunity in modeling primary, secondary, and tertiary spaces. The grating is primary, while the void space created by the openings are secondary, and the background plane is tertiary. I chose to play around with the lighting in this model because of this reason and also because I believed that the overall structure of the model would give me a better opportunity for dynamic views.









No comments:

Post a Comment